This die is designed to cut cleanly through multiple layers of fabric and you can minimize fabric waste by aligning fabrics just over the shapes you want, not the whole board. Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam make a super cute couple!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 5 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55202
How to Die Cut Sunbonnet Sue Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué. Place fabric on die right sides together to cut pairs.
- Bonnet, Sleeve and Shoe: Cut 5" x 5" squares (or use Charm Squares). Cut eight bonnets, sleeves and shoes across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 bonnets, sleeves and shoes.
- Dress: Cut 6" x 4 1/4" rectangles. Cut nine dresses across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 45 dresses.
- Hand: Place scraps on blade and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Sunbonnet Sue Die:
- GO! makes it easy for quilters to focus on what they love about Sunbonnet Sue, mixing and matching fabrics to make classic Sunbonnet Sue quilt blocks!
- No templates required. The GO! Sunbonnet Sue die includes five shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Play with placement of the shapes to give each of your Sunbonnet Sue’s a different personality.
- Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam (55062) make a cute couple when paired together.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each prefused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut Sunbonnet Sue shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($18 value).
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack and Layer Cake-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Cut Size: Bonnet 3 9/16"W x 3 15/16"H (9 cm x 10 cm), Dress 5 5/16"W x 3 5/8"H (13.5 cm x 9.2 cm), Sleeve 1 3/4"W x 1 5/16"H (4.4 cm x 3.3 cm), Hand 11/16"W x 1"H (1.7 cm x 2.5 cm) and Shoe 2"W x 1 1/8"H (5.1 cm x 2.9 cm)
Finished Size: 5 3/8"W x 7 1/2"H (13.7 cm x 19.1 cm)
Die Board Size: 5 in. x 10 in. (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm)