When we have positions available, we post them here and on the St Lawrence College Job Board
We are always interested in hearing from potential instructors and presenters - email [email protected]
Are you a sewing geek - or an afficionado - or do you have skills that would help us deliver exceptional service ? We are interested in hearing from people who are interested in part or full-time opportunities. Send your email to Heather at stitchbystitchkingston.com
We are currently actively recruiting for a Saturday Retail Assistant.
Saturday Retail Assistant
Stitch by Stitch is a full-service Sewing Machine sales, repairs, and sewing store. We are located in Kingston's West End and are the authorized dealer for Singer, Husqvarna-Viking, Pfaff, Brother, Juki, and associated brands. We are known for our exceptional quality fabrics and services and are ready to expand our retail hours to convey this to an expanded clientele.
Our store is busy and we require a person available to work 3 of every 4 Saturdays. We have 9 part-time and 4 Full-time staff who contribute to our in-store experience and inventory records, and this role will be fully trained to cultivate continuity and present our business to clients who shop weekends. Rate of Pay will be based on an hourly wage.
We use Lightspeed to manage our sales and inventory and are active with Instagram and Facebook. We are looking for a team member who has some experience working with colour and fabric, a willingness to learn to understand our industry and our clients. This position will require customer interaction on a daily basis.
Occupation Tasks - Customer - Facing
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain the use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Related Work Experience - retail experience
- Required Level of Education - College Degree
- Fibre Arts - sewing experience is required, experience working with textiles, quilting experience
Samples of your sewing and quilting or related handicraft will be reviewed before hiring.