Start of Day Store Coordinator
Stitch by Stitch is a full-service Sewing Machine sales, repairs, and sewing store. We are located in Kingston's West End and are the authorized dealer for Singer, Husqvarna-Viking, Pfaff, Brother, Juki, and associated brands. We are known for our exceptional quality fabrics and services and are ready to expand our retail hours to convey this to an expanded clientele.
Our store is growing and we require a person available to take on a morning and early afternoon position that is customer-facing. This position will be developed and the role will expand as the business grows over the next few months. We have 9 part-time and 5 Full-time staff who contribute to our in-store experience and inventory records, and this role will be fully trained to cultivate continuity and present our business to clients who shop in-person. Rate of Pay will be based on an hourly wage and will include a bonusing component based on meeting sales objectives. We would are open Monday to Saturday at 9:30 am. This position will require you to work 5 days a week, usually Monday to Friday 9-2 pm, and 1 Saturday per month 9-430pm (with the following Monday off).
We use Lightspeed to manage our sales and inventory and are active with Instagram and Facebook. We are looking for a team member who has some experience working with colour and fabric, a willingness to learn to understand our industry and our clients. This is a growth position, will require customer interaction on a daily basis and the position will be remunerated on sales and efficiency.
Occupation Tasks - Customer - Facing
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain the use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Maintain records related to sales.
- Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise.
- Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
- Prepare merchandise for purchase.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public - Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers by phone and in-store, and receiving clients or guests.
- Selling or Influencing Others - Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral and Written Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, and by email.
- Oral and written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
Occupation Tools and Technology
Tools - Bar code reader equipment, Calculators or accessories, keyboards and/or touchscreens.
Technology - POS and Ecommerce software (Lightspeed), Data base user interface and query software, Development environment software
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Related Work Experience - retail experience
- Required Level of Education - College Degree
- Fibre Arts - sewing experience is required, experience working with textiles, quilting experience
Samples of your sewing and quilting or related handicraft will be reviewed before hiring.