Overall Sam has a crush on Sunbonnet Sue, they make a cute couple when paired together.
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 5 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55202
How to Die Cut Overall Sam Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué. Place fabric on die right sides together to cut pairs.
- Hat: Cut 5 7/8" x 3 3/8" squares. Cut 11 hats across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 66 hats.
- Shirt: Cut 3 3/8" x 2 1/8" rectangles. Cut 18 shirts across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 180 shirts.
- Pants: Cut 3 3/8" squares. Cut 11 pants across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 110 pants.
- Shoe, Suspender, Arm & Hand: Place scraps on blade and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Overall Sam Die:
- GO! makes it easy for quilters to focus on what they love about Overall Sam, mixing and matching fabrics to make classic Overall Sam quilt blocks!
- No templates required. The GO! Overall Sam die includes seven shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Play with placement of the shapes to give each of your Overall Sam’s a different personality.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each prefused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut Overall Sam shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps. • Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($18 value).
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack and Layer Cake-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Cut Size: Hat: 5 3/8"W x 2 7/8"H (13.7 cm x 7.3 cm), Shirt: 2 7/8"W x 1 9/16"H (7.3 cm x 4 cm), Pants: 2 7/8"W x 2 7/8"H (7.3 cm x 7.3 cm), Suspender: 5/8"W x 1 7/8"H (1.6 cm x 4.8 cm), Sleeve: 1 3/16"W x 1 3/4"H (3 cm x 4.4 cm), Hand: 15/16"W x 3/4"H (2.4 cm x 1.9
Finished Size: 4 1/2"W x 8 1/2"H (11.4 cm x 21.6 cm)