AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55203
How to Die Cut Large Clamshell Shapes:
For best cutting results, it is extremely important to cut with this die on the lengthwise grain.
- Cut a 9" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 8 7/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut four clamshells across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 16 clamshells.
Why Quilters Love the Large GO! Clamshell Die:
TIP: It’s easy to change the size of a clamshell quilt by adding more clamshell shapes to the length or width.
Baby (40" x 52") -- 77 Clamshells
Twin (64" x 88") -- 197 Clamshells
Full (79 1/2" x 88") -- 243 Clamshells
Queen (88" x 92") -- 277 Clamshells
King (108" x 108") -- 393 Clamshells
- Whether you like to piece by hand or machine, the classic 8" finished Clamshell is for you. The large Clamshell is fun for quilts, pillows, table runners and more.
- No templates required! The GO! Clamshell die includes a unique shape that is typically difficult to cut by hand.
- No need to be afraid of curves! Clamshell features matching notches on curved seams for easy pinning and piecing.
- Cut clamshell shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Cut Size: 8 1/2"W x 8 1/2"H (21.6 cm x 21.6 cm)
Finished Size: 8"W x 8"H (20.3 cm x 20.3 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)