Using the Carefree font, this die cuts one each of the 26 letters in the English alphabet. Make a quick appliqué by applying fusible web to the wrong side of fabric then cut with this die. You'll love how perfectly each letter is cut!
Use the FREE GO! Carefree Alphabet Uppercase Embroidery Designs download available to finish your project. Available in motif, blanket and satin stitches.
Cut Size: 26 Uppercase letters are 3" tall (7.6 cm) with widest letter 4 3/8" wide (11.1 cm)
Finished Size: 26 Uppercase letters are 3" tall (7.6 cm) with widest letter 4 3/8" wide (11.1 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
How to Die Cut Carefree Uppercase Letters:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Cut strips 4" wide across the width of the fabric. Sub cut fabric strip into widths 1/2" wider than selected letter. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut approximately 11 letters across the width of 40" fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 99 or more letters.
- Note: Some letters are asymmetrical and need to be cut with the right side of the fabric facing up. Do not fanfold fabric for asymmetrical letters.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Carefree Uppercase Dies:
- Easily personalize sewing and quilting projects with the GO! Carefree Alphabet die set.
- No templates required. The GO! Carefree Alphabet die set includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- 2-Die Set includes 26 uppercase letters which coordinate with the popular GO! Carefree Alphabet Lowercase and Numbers sets (55491, 55099).
- Quickly and easily cut four pre-fused letters in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut letters out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Experiment with decorative stitches and threads to finish your alphabet blocks.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($36 value).
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.