Cut Size: Birdhouse 5"W x 6"H, Roof 5 3/8"W x 2 5/8"H, Base 3 3/4"W x 3/8"H, Perch 1 1/4"W x 1/4"H, Window 1 1/4", Bird 2 3/4"W x 1 3/8"H, Wing 1"W x 1/2", Eye 1/8"
Finished Size: 5 1/2"W x 6"H finished (14 cm x 15.2 cm).
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)
How to Die Cut Bird & Birdhouse Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following the manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué. Place fabric on dies right sides together to cut pairs.
- Birdhouse: Cut and fuse 6 1/2" x 5 1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 7 birdhouses across the width of the fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 35 birdhouses.
- Roof: Cut and fuse 5 7/8" x 3 1/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 12 roofs across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 72 roofs.
- Base: Cut and fuse 4 1/4" x 7/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 45 bases across the width of the fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 360 bases.
- Window/Circle: Cut and fuse 1 3/4" squares. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 22 windows/circles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 440 windows/circles.
- Bird: Cut and fuse 3 1/4" x 1 7/8" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 21 birds across the width of the fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 231 birds.
- Perch, Wing, Eye/Circle: Place scraps on blade and cut
Why Quilters Love the GO! Bird & Birdhouse Die:
- Create charming bird-themed projects for anyone who loves birds, birdhouses, gardening, and flowers. Have fun creating an adorable birdhouse to add to your favorite sewing projects. Combine with the GO! Square-8½" (8" Finished) (55058) for a background square and the GO! Birds (55324) die.
- No templates are required! The GO! Bird & Birdhouse die includes 8 applique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand: Birdhouse, Roof, Base, Perch, Window, Bird, Wing, Eye/Circle.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as a one-half layer of fabric).
- Cut Bird & Birdhouse shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics, and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($22 value).
- Free pattern downloads are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.