INSPIRA® Fuse N’ Tear is a temporary iron-on tear away stabilizer. It is applied to the back of your fabric prior to hooping to prevent distortion. Provides additional support for embroidery or decorative stitching. INSPIRA® Fuse N’ Tear stabilizer is great for slippery or unstable fabrics as well as light to medium weight wovens. When stitching is complete the excess is easily torn away.
Best for these applications:
• Embroideries with light to medium stitch counts, built-in decorative stitches, appliqué.
• Light to medium weight woven fabrics, satin, silk, rayon and other slippery fabrics.
Directions for use:
• Cut a piece of INSPIRA® Fuse N’ Tear stabilizer large enough for the selected hoop (hoop dimension plus at least 1” on all four sides).
• Place the fusible (shinier) side of the stabilizer onto the wrong side of the fabric. Using a pressing cloth apply the stabilizer to the back of the project using a dry iron (low to medium heat). Press, hold then lift iron (without sliding) until entire area is fused. Do not over press.
• Hoop the fused fabric, stabilizer down. Embroider then remove the fabric from the hoop and carefully tear the excess stabilizer up to the stitching.
For decorative stitching:
• Place fabric on sewing machine with right side up, stabilizer side down. Stitch then carefully tear the excess stabilizer up to the stitching.
• Hint: Reheat the INSPIRA® Fuse N’ Tear stabilizer using a dry iron (low to medium heat). This may help make removing the stabilizer easier.
• Follow normal care instructions for washing and drying or dry cleaning according to fabric type