The Adjustable 1⁄4” Foot is designed to help you achieve a 1⁄4” (6mm) or scant 1⁄4” (less than 6mm) seam when piecing.
The needle hole in the foot is oval shaped allowing you to adjust the needle position.
The distance between the center needle position and the guide is 1⁄4” (6mm).
1. Snap-on the Adjustable 1⁄4” Foot.*
2. Select a straight stitch.
a. For a 1⁄4” (6mm) seam; select a centered needle position.
b. For a scant 1⁄4” seam; adjust the needle position one or two steps to the right.
3. Place the fabric pieces right sides together under the presser foot, aligning the edges of
the fabric with the edge of the foot.
4. Sew the fabric pieces together guiding the fabric so that the edges touch the guide.
5. Press the seam allowance.
Note: Depending on the weight of your fabric and thread it may be necessary to adjust the needle position to achieve your desired seam allowance. Move the needle to the right to decrease the seam allowance and to the left to increase it. You can safely move the needle three steps in either direction, but not more.
*Do not use the Straight Stitch Plate when using the Adjustable 1⁄4” Foot.