For optimal use, please slow down your machine, use a SILICONE or TEFLON spray on your needles. We also highly recommend using a titanium needle.
Press & Tear is a needle friendly pressure sensitive adhesive tearaway stabilizer. It allows you to embroider those hard to hoop items with rarely any residue on your needles. Perfect for those difficult jobs like: CD Cases, Cooler tops, heavy towels or blankets, collars and cuffs, socks, and heavy jackets or anything that is difficult to hoop.
Even tiny baby socks are easy with Press & Tear. You hoop the stabilizer, not the sock! Just place the stabilizer in the hoop, release the paper backing, and lay and smooth out the baby sock. Pin back the additional sock area out of the way and you have a smooth surface ready to embroider. When finished just release the embroidery, and remove any excess from the back. Releases with ease, but holds perfectly while embroidering.
The stabilizer is a 1.5 oz, dense, "wet laid" non-directional, non-woven tearaway that contains needle lubricants to promote needle glide and reduce sticky build up. It tears away cleanly and easily leaving none of the fuzzies behind. Eliminates the use of spray adhesives.
Press & Tear Directions
- Place one piece of Press ad Tear in the embroidery frame with the release paper side facing up.
- Score the surface or the corner of the release paper.
- Peel back the paper to expose the pressure sensitive adhesive sticky surface.
- Stick down the item to be embroidered and pat and smooth out any wrinkles.
- Stitch away.
- Remove the stabilizer excess stabilizer by gently tearing it away from around the design.
- If you have a high or dense stitch count –above 6,000 or so stitches, you can "float" an extra layer of regular tear away underneath your stitching area.