Use the FREE GO! Zoo Animals Embroidery Designs download available to finish your project. Each shape includes motif, blanket and satin stitches.
Cut & Finished Size:
- Giraffe: 4 11/16"W x 6 1/2"H (11.9 cm x 16.5 cm)
- Lion: 4 3/16"W x 4 15/16"H (10.6 cm x 12.5 cm)
- Lion Face: 1 13/16"W x 1 13/16"H (4.6 cm x 4.6 cm)
- Lion Nose: 7/8"W x 7/8"H (2.2 cm x 2.2 cm)
- Monkey: 2 7/8"W x 3 3/16"H (7.3 cm x 8.1 cm)
- Monkey Face: 3/4"W x 1 3/8"H (1.9 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Monkey Nose: 1/2"W x 1 3/16"H (1.3 cm x 2.1 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)
How to Die Cut Zoo Animals Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Giraffe: Cut and fuse 7" x 5 1/4" rectangles. Cut 7 giraffes across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 35 giraffes.
- Lion: Cut and fuse 5 1/2" x 4 3/4" rectangles. Cut 8 lions across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 48 lions.
- Monkey: Cut and fuse 3 3/4" x 3 3/8" rectangles. Cut 11 monkeys across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 99 monkeys.
- Lion Face: Cut and fuse 2 3/8" squares. Cut 16 lion faces across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 240 lion faces.
- Lion Nose, Monkey Face and Monkey Nose: Place scraps on blade and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Zoo Animals Die:
- No templates required. The GO! Zoo Animals die includes seven applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Great value! Get multiple zoo animal shapes for the price of one GO! Zoo Animals die.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut zoo animal shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.