The die includes 2 fun sewing theme applique shapes, too – a spool and a sewing machine, both with free downloadable embroidery.
Cut Size: Top/Bottom Square: 3-1/2" (8.9 cm), Side Strip: 12-1/2"W x 2-1/2"H (31.8 cm x 6.4 cm), Sewing Machine: 2-1/8"W x 2"H (5.4 cm x 5.1 cm), Spool: 1-3/8"W x 2"H (3.5 cm x 5.1 cm).
Finished Size: 3"W x 2"L x 3"H Finished (7.6 cm x 5.1 cm x 7.6 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)
How to Die Cut Pincushions:
For best cutting results, position fabric on lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under roller. This die is designed to cut (3) 3" x 2" x 3" pincushions in one pass through the cutter.
- Top & Bottom: Cut 4" squares. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 8 tops/bottoms across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 64 tops/bottoms.
- Side/Strip: Cut 13" x 3" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 13 sides/strips across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 26 sides/strips.
For applique, apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting.
- Sewing Machine: Cut and fuse 2 5⁄8" x 2 1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 sewing machines across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 240 sewing machines.
- Spool: Cut and fuse 1 7⁄8" x 2 1/2" rectangles. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 spools across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 336 spools.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Pincushion Die:
- For quilters and sewists alike, pincushions serve an important purpose and are necessary tools of the trade. They’re also fun to personalize for the sewing room and can range from simple to elaborate designs. GO! Pincushions can be cut in minutes and sewn quickly and easily!
- GO! Pincushion is a DIY (“do-it-yourself”) Project die. These are popular shapes of projects that you make for yourself, to give as gifts or to sell.
- No template required. The GO! Pincushion die includes 1 square for the top & bottom, 1 side strip and 2 applique shapes (sewing machine and spool) that can be time-consuming and/or difficult to cut by hand.
- This die is designed to cut 3" x 2" x 3" pincushions in one pass through the cutter. Cut six 4" squares. Place right side up over square shape. Cut three 13" x 3" strips. Place right side up over strip/side shape.
- Stuffing options: Walnut shells, cotton stuffing or batting, steel wool, rice, sand or plastic beads.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($14 value).
- Charm Square and Fat Quarter-friendly
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.