Finished Size: 10" Finished Block (25.4 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)
How to Die Cut 5-Color Lotus Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 5-color 10" finished block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1:
- Cut one 3 1/2" square. Place right side up over shapes A to cut two shapes.
- Cut four 2 3/4" squares. Place right side up over shapes B to cut eight shapes.
- Cut C and D shapes together. Cut one 2 1/2" x 10" rectangle. Fanfold into two layers and place over shapes C and D to cut a mirrored shape set of each.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" rectangles. Fanfold into four layers and place over shape E to cut two mirrored shape sets.
- Fabric Color 3:
- Cut one 3 1/2" square. Place right side up over shapes A to cut two shapes. There will be one extra shape.
- Cut F and G shapes together. Cut two 2 3/4" x 4 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes F and G to cut four F and two G shapes.
- Fabric Color 4: Cut I and K shapes together. Cut one 8 1/2" x 8 3/4" rectangle. Fanfold into two layers and place over shapes I and K to cut two mirrored shape sets of each.
- Fabric Color 5: Cut H and J shapes together. Cut one 4" x 11" rectangle. Fanfold into two layers and place over shapes H and J to cut two mirrored shape sets of each.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Lotus Block Die:
- Lotus Block is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut a 5-color, 10" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No Y seams! No foundation paper piecing! Lotus Block includes 14 shapes that are difficult and time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Lotus Block features specialized dog-ears, ¼" seam allowances and notches for easy alignment and piecing.
- Lotus Block includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt ® software, you can use it to create your own Lotus Block designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.